Farmers again choose the way of farmers protesting to pressure the central government to listen to various demands of the farmers. For that, the Samyukta Kisan Morcha, which is a coalition of more than 200 farmer unions alongside Kisan Mazdoor Morcha, are planning the “Delhi Chalo” march set for 13 February 2024 so that they can force the central government to accept their various demands including one of the significant demands to implement the legislation guaranteeing a minimum support price for the agricultural produce.
Internet Down in Panchkula and 7 Districts of Haryana due to upcoming Farmers Protest
The government is implementing necessary security measures because of this mass farmers protest. The government has already implemented section 144 in Panchkula to maintain law and order in the region. Apart from this, to prevent the spreading of any misinformation, Bulk SMS facilities and mobile internet services have been suspended in various districts of Haryana.
Some Important Key Updates for the Upcoming Farmers Protest
- Section 144 has been imposed in Panchkula because of the upcoming farmers protest, which implies the prevention of demonstrations, processions, and carrying of any weapon.
- Due to the ” Delhi Chalo ” march, the administration has ordered sealing the Punjab-Haryana borders across various cities, including the Ambala, Fatehabad, and Jind districts.
- Haryana police have advised not to travel through the main roads on 13 February 2024 and use alternative routes between Chandigarh and Delhi to mitigate anticipated disruptions.
- The government has issued orders to suspend internet and bulk SMS services in 7 districts of Haryana to prevent the spreading of misinformation and maintain law and order.
- Road closer has been implemented at the Shambhu border, with the Ghaggar river bed dug up to impede movement.
- People traveling to Ambala through the Shambu Border can expect massive traffic, so choose alternative routes.
- Despite the government’s efforts to stop farmers, farmers are all set for this Delhi Chalo march, as they are stocking essential supplies and are ready with their tractor trolleys.
- Sarwan Singh Pandher, leader of the farmers, has announced that Union ministers Piyush Goyal, Nityanand Rai, and Arjun Munda are coming for talks on 12 February in Chandigarh.
So farmers again choose how they protest to pressure the government to accept their demands. What are your views on this? Please let us know in the comment section below.